Sunday, December 3, 2017

Retirements


As 2017 coming to an end, I generally reflect on what Southeast Mortgage can do better to meet the needs of our Clients, Partners, and Employees.  Every year we take a step closer to better meeting those needs.  I am very proud and grateful for the long relationships and trust.

Like most of you, I scan LinkedIn to stay informed about those I accepted invites from.  Every year I look for someone announcing their retirement after a fabulous and rewarding career in Mortgage Banking.  Have you ever seen somebody announce their retirement?  I also scratch my head sometimes wondering why certain talented MLOs make the career changes they do?  In my career, I never changed companies unless my sponsor left or I wanted to learn a new skill to leverage my career.  Changing companies never helped me the trusted person I worked for did!

Southeast Mortgage Paid Retirements with full Medical Benefits:
Jan Shell, Shareholder
Admin Asst, Banker, MLO, Branch Manager, EVP, COO                  
Tenure at Southeast Mortgage 19 years with CEO 24 years


Beverly Straka, Shareholder
Banker, MLO, Branch Manager, EVP, Secondary    
Tenure at Southeast Mortgage 19 years with CEO 23 years


Debra Harding, Shareholder
Teller, CRM, Financial Consultant, MLO, SVP       
Tenure at Southeast Mortgage 18 years with CEO 26 years







What I have learned in my 30 years:

Never work for someone who only cares about themselves

Work for someone who has already achieved the success you want and has made others successful by sharing new skills

Has anyone at your company retired?  Average age of an MLO is 50 ish?  Find one who does…

Learning Skills that grow your business is the only sustainable path to success

Be Relevant!  Work directly for the company that provides your product.  Net Branches, LLC Agreements, etc. are expendable and do not grow value for the TEAM they employ.  When your TEAM moved to a new company, did the TEAM Leader share the signing bonus with the team?

Work for a company that only derives revenue from what you do.  If a company has various segments of products and you happen to get a new CEO or President that does not believe in what you sell, they can pull the rug out.  How many of you have had your company sold and you had to look for a new Employer?  Did your leadership write you a check?  I bet they asked you to move to the next company.  Hello, it’s a pattern that will not change or get you paid.

Look at longevity, look at who is evolving as the leader in your market, look at who takes care of their employees, shares ownership, and provides a path to a comfortable retirement.  Nobody is getting younger and this economic recovery is nine years old (the average recovery is 7 years).
Phone 770-279-0222

No comments: